Thursday, October 6, 2011

What the Hell is a Zombie Walk?



I was halfway through writing a post to explain that the Fraze will be put on autopilot until I return from Arizona on the 12th, when my roommate walks in and tells to me that the Lawrence “Zombie Walk” was to take place tonight on Mass Street. After a couple WTF’s and literally LMFAO, I went straight to YouTube to find out what we were actually dealing with here. This is what I found:


 That’s right. People actually dress up like zombies and slow-walk down the street. How I made it to senior year and have never heard about this is beyond me, all I know is you’re going to have one frustrated blogger if I’m trying to get my grub on at Chipotle and a crowd of zombie’s are standing in my way.
 
Now I don’t want to hate on an annual event that I’m sure the Lawrence Locals get up for, but dressing up like a zombie and harassing the day-walkers is just not my cup of tea—call me crazy. Sure I might stop by to check it out, maybe bring a paintball gun to pick zombie’s off like Woody Harrelson in “Zombieland,” but that can only keep one entertained for so long.

What’s the deal with this whole zombie breakout anyways? First it was vampires, then werewolves and now this? What the h-e-double hockey sticks is wrong with our demographic? Since when did we decide that getting bit by a half-dead guy wearing SPF 3000 was sexy?#GettaTan. Personally, I think it’s about time someone throw’s Rob Pattinson in the sun so we can all move on from this nonsense, but hey, that’s just one guys opinion.

Final Fraze
From what I understand, the Zombie Walk is a Lawrence tradition. If you watched the video, you’d see that parents even turn their children into little blood-suckers for the evening, so, at the end of the day, I guess you can classify this one as an excuse for college kids to get a little silly and for the locals to have some good old-fashioned family fun—and there’s nothing wrong with that.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I have a terrible experience of zombie walk while I played Zombie Paintball last week. When they sudden come close to you that's feelings is just like heart came out.

    ReplyDelete