Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shows I Wish Were On HBO P2


If you recall my previous post in which I stated  I "might" watch Pan-Am if it were on HBO, well I've decided to push further on that topic and list two other shows that I think would just absolutely rock if they were aired on HBO. So here goes:

1. Blue Mountain State

Throw Friday Night Lights and Greek in a blender and toss in an endless supply of drop-dead gorgeous co-eds to top it off and you've got the alcoholic protein shake that is Blue Mountain State. BMS stars a sarcastic and unmotivated QB, his mascot best friend and a loud, obnoxious Linebacker who defines the meaning of a "bro." The show outlines the college life of drunken nights, slayin' slimmies and some good old fashioned American Football. Unlike the last season of Entourage, if BMS were on HBO, you would see that nice 'N" for Nudity in the content warning before every show.

2. Franklin and Bash

I know what you're thinking- the show with all those annoying commercials last Spring, really? To be honest, I was wearing the same shoes. I hated on Franklin and Bash as much as any before it made its debut this summer. But, as I felt it only fair that I give the show a chance, I am happy to admit that I was dead wrong. F&B stars Zach Morris and the dude from Road Trip as two young lawyers working their way up in the legal world. After a long day of politics, the two friends return to their California beach club home where it seems like there is a hot tub full of women waiting for them every night-- but hey, could you expect anything less from Zach Morris? To the outside eye, the show comes off as a bit phony, but I can assure you that the comedy is great and it applies directly to our demographic.

Final Fraze
Now after reading this post, it might come off as if the only reason I wish these shows could be on HBO would be for the nudity and the mature content that cable television simply cannot offer-- #yep.

What do you guys think? What other shows would be better served on HBO?
Post you comments below and let me know!

4 comments:

  1. Blue Mountain State on HBO would be so funny and be absolutely amazing and I dono about Franklin and Bash, I think thats just a suck show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta give F&B a chance bro, I said the same thing but it proved me wrong. BMS last night was too much to deal with, that chick definitely doesn't make the jeans any looser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Blue Mountain State would be histerical on HBO. I think workaholics would be an awsome show on HBO. They have the right idea, but if they were allowed to do and say what they want, could be a classic. Also, Arrested Development is already the shit, but would be even better on HBO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great call on Workaholics too-- absolutely hilarious and one of my favorite shows. I think we're realizing that there is a long list of shows that would be much better on HBO, too bad there's only a limited number spots, huh? Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete